Provide leadership and innovation for enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption, and integration of effective educational strategies.
- Combine learning theory, design practices, and technologies to assist in the creation of effective teaching and learning spaces, both physical and virtual, for the college.
- Work collaboratively with other academic affairs professionals to create a cohesive approach to student engagement and faculty development and support.
- Provide expertise in the development of instructional pedagogies for the diverse needs of our students through one-on-one sessions and faculty development workshops.
- Mentor and supervise student employees and teams: Instructional Technologist, Video Production Team, and Project Specialist Team.
- Meet with faculty to develop innovative forms of assessment and provide in-class instruction to students on the usage of specific technologies required to complete these projects.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and their ability to meet teaching and learning needs (through the trial of new software, attending conferences, etc.).
Develop college-wide plans for the implementation of online learning by establishing long range policies, goals, objectives and standards ensuring the alignment of online learning programs with the college’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- Be knowledgeable of policies, issues, and laws affecting Online Learning.
- Work proactively with the Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs (Department Chairs, Director of Institutional Planning & Research, and Registrar) to manage, market, and strategize and report on online learning.
- In cooperation with college staff, establish and maintain the quality of all online courses through implementing a system for quality assurance.
- Serve on the operations and strategy committee for the development and support of graduate programs.