Before you arrive for your Orientation, we ask that you think about your academic plans for your time at Juniata. You will meet with an academic advisor during your Orientation who will help you to finalize your schedule.
To get started, please begin by watching this video.
Then, please review the various documents and resources below. Many of your questions can be answered by viewing the documents that will be posted on this page, but if you have further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to QUEST at 814-641-3150 or QUEST@juniata.edu.
What to Consider Before Registering for Classes
Planning for Course Registration -- Orientation: This document will prepare you for course registration.
Tools for Registration
After reading "Planning for Course Registration - Summer Orientation," please use these important tools and documents to assist you further.
- World Language Placement Exam: This is an online assessment tool that we recommend you take prior to choosing a World Language course in a language you have already begun learning so that you are correctly placed in the sequence. If you are new to the world language, you will choose the first course in the sequence. Password: WLC2018.
- Transfer Credits and Juniata College: Review this document if you plan on bringing in credits from another institution, an Advanced Placement exam, and/or an International Baccalaureate diploma.
- Class Schedules/Scheduling Assistant: Click here to view our course offerings by department. The Scheduling Assistant displays the courses you select and places them in a calendar grid so that you can view a standard week.
- Instrumental Music Offerings: Review this document if you are interested in registering for orchestra, band, or other similar ensembles or are interested in registering for private lessons.
- Registrar's Website: Click here to access the Registrar's website for further information about POEs, the course catalog, and academic calendars.
- Advising Planning Sheet: You and your advisors will use this document over the course of your career to guide your completion of graduation requirements.
- Academic/Study Schedule: This is an excel file that is useful in planning your schedule with extracurricular commitments.
Orientation Advising Schedule
Students will meet with an advisor during orientation. You will receive specific information about your advising appointment upon your arrival.
College Writing Seminar Intake Essay
This essay is due one week after your orientation. August oreintation attendees will receive more information on their due date soon.
Please click here for the essay questions and additional information.